The Massachusetts Judges Association will award scholarships to selected recipients at the Winter Finals of NESBA/MBDA annually.
- All groups who participate in NESBA, MICCA, or MBDA are invited to submit applicants from their unit who are high school seniors or already enrolled in college. A committee of educators
and judges will review these applications and select students who stand out in qualities of academic, artistic and personal achievements.
- Applications for Scholarships must be submitted BY NO LATER THAN deadlines establised.
- All required paperwork must be attached to this Scholarship Application.
The MJA Executive Board has established the following guidelines regarding the scholarship(s).
- A minimum of 6 total applications must be received by the scholarship committee in any given year in order for scholarships to be awarded. I there are less than 6 applications, scholarship
funds for that year will be pushed forward to the next years applicant pool, and scholarship amounts for that year could be raised.
- The recipient must be in his/her senior year of high school or already attending a college/university.
- The recipient must be pursuing any type of post-secondary education.
- The recipient must be an active marching member of NESBA, MICCA, or MBDA unit who competed in the current season.
- Scholarship(s) granted will be paid by check written to the student. Scholarship money may be used by the student for tuition, books, and room/board. Recipients will be required to submit
enrollment verification to MJA for their first term of enrollment. Scholarships will need to be returned if active enrollment is not achieved.
- Number of scholarships awarded each year will be determined by the MJA Executive Board.
- Scholarships will be granted for one year only, but recipients may re-apply the next year if he/she remains active with a unit and meets all the other requirements.
- Selections will be made by a committee consisting of at least five individuals representing various pageantry activities, whose decisions will be final.
- Awards will be presented at the NESBA/MBDA winter finals.
- All Scholarship applications will remain confidential.